Celebrate St. Patrick's Day anytime with this homemade, creamy, minty cannabis-infused shamrock shake made with wholesome ingredients and multiple cannabis infusion options for you to choose from.
- A healthy version of the Shamrock shake
- Multiple infusion options to choose from
- Ways to customize this drink and make it your own
Drinking this version leaves me feeling so much better, mentally and physically, and doesn't leave me feeling like I've missed out on anything.
Plus, various ways to infuse this shake with cannabis suit your needs and preferences are outlined below.
Stock Your Canna Kitchen
- Frozen banana: throw a few bananas in the freezer now if you don't have any
- Spinach: baby spinach, or cannabis fan leaves, are perfect
- Milk: your choice; you can use daily milk, plant-based milk, or cannabis milk
- Avocado: for the perfect, creamy consistency
- Mint: fresh mint leaves are best, but you can use mint extract if needed
- Protein powder: optional, but it helps to boost the nutritional value of this smoothie. I prefer unflavored collagen peptides.
- Vanilla: extract is best
- Cannabis oil: any type you prefer, find options in the alternative infusion option section below
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is located in the recipe card below.
Alternate Infusion Options
It is super easy to create a cannabis-infused shamrock shake at home in as little as five minutes using only a handful of ingredients, many of which you may already have on hand or can easily pick up from the store.
What's more, each of these ingredients is wholesome and provides your body with important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals that are needed to help keep you feeling happy.
My version of the Shamrock Shake is sweet, minty, creamy, and delicious.
And if you haven't frozen bananas yet, you're missing out.
When frozen and blended, they make a wonderfully delicious, smooth, and creamy texture that is mild in flavor to allow the other ingredients to shine.
Combined with half an avocado, this smoothie is unbelievably creamy and satisfying.
There's plenty of room for healthy cannabis recipes, too!
There's also more than one way to make a delicious cannabis Shamrock Shake.
Below we will go over the most popular methods for infusing this delicious drink.
Raw Cannabis Leaves
Large fan leaves are the most common parts of the cannabis plant eaten raw or used in recipes, although the raw cannabis flower buds can also be juiced.
One of the best ways to harness the goodness of cannabis leaves is to consume them in raw form in a salad or blend them as we do in this recipe.
If you have access to cannabis leaves, you can swap the 1 cup of packed spinach for 1 cup of packed cannabis leaves.
If you do not have access to raw cannabis leaves, no worries; we have plenty of other options below.
Decarbed Cannabis Flower
To experience the benefits of activated THC or CBD, the cannabis flower must first undergo decarboxylation.
Without decarboxylation, you may not experience the full range of beneficial health effects of cannabinoids such as THC or CBD.
The process is simple and involves baking the cannabis flower at 240°F for 40 minutes for THC flower and 90 minutes for CBD flower.
Once your flower is decarbed, you can grind it to your preferred consistency and add it directly into this smoothie while blending.
It is essential to be aware of your tolerance and decide how much decarbed cannabis flower to add.
A good starting point would be 1-2 teaspoons. I recommend starting low and going slow to assess your needs and tolerance levels.
A traditional cannabis tincture is an alcohol-based cannabis infusion and will blend into the coffee the best of any method described here.
Of course, this method will be strong because you’re adding cannabis and alcohol to your drink, so you won't want to add much, just a few milliliters.
The best way to add leftover cannabis pulp to your smoothie is to add it to the blender in step 1 and blend it with the other ingredients.
Notes & Expert Tips
- Check out my other delicious cannabis smoothie recipes below
- If you’re struggling with the munchies, get my 10 helpful tips for managing the munchies here
- Looking for more delicious cannabis drinks? Check out my hemp seed milk and cannabis pumpkin spice latte or my 15 easy cannabis-infused drinks to make at home
Want To Make This Easier? Use A Machine!
Want A Discount Code?
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Cannabis Mint Shamrock Shake
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon mini-chocolate chips
- Add the frozen banana, spinach or cannabis leaves, avocado, mint leaves, milk, and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Blend on high for 60 seconds, or until smooth and creamy.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate chips as desired.
- Cannabis-Infused Milk: Use for the milk of choice in step 1
- Decarbed Cannabis Flower: Add 1-2 teaspoons in step 1
- Decarbed Cannabis Kief: Add ¼-1/2 grams in step 1
- Cannabis Tincture: Add 1-2 teaspoons in step 1
- Cannabis-Infused Oil: Add 1-2 teaspoons in step 1
- Leftover Cannabis Pulp: Add 1-2 teaspoons in step 1