Skip the artificial, prepackaged taco seasoning and spice up your taco night with this healthier All Natural Gluten Free Homemade Taco Seasoning!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
I have a confession to make, I am absolutely obsessed with anything taco related. I eat taco something at least once a week, usually more. As you may already know, the foundation of any amazing taco inspired dish is a fabulous homemade seasoning recipe.Make your very own All Natural, Gluten-Free, Homemade Taco Seasoning!Click To Tweet
With a fraction of the sodium found in traditional seasoning, this recipe also features nutritious hot peppers and corn flour for a gluten free thickening agent. It is the perfect addition to any Mexican inspired dish you create, or just plain old tacos for the famous Taco Tuesday!
I have tried for months now to make the perfect taco seasoning! I have finally nailed down a recipe I can say that I love.
All Natural Gluten Free Homemade Taco Seasoning
You know that the prepackaged taco seasoning is not that good for you, right? 🙁
Prepackaged taco seasoning can be full of artificial ingredients and extremely high amounts of sodium. And to be honest, homemade just tastes better.
So gather up your supplies and start making your own taco seasoning today. It only takes a few minutes and you can easily double or triple the recipe in order to keep a large batch on hand at all times.
Don’t know where to get all of these ingredients? Just head over to Niblack Foods in the Regional Market here in Rochester- they have every spice you could ever want!
Don’t love tacos as much as I do? Homemade Taco Seasoning is good for more than just tacos! Try it on anything Mexican inspired – tacos, burritos, fajitas, shredded chicken, soups – there are a ton of options!
- 6 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons ground New Mexico chili pepper
- 3 Tablespoons corn flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon granulated onion
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Mix everything together in a bowl with a whisk until well incorporated.
- Store in a mason jar for future use.
- This recipe makes approximately one full pint mason jar.
- When cooking meat, such as beef or turkey for tacos, add 3 tablespoons of your taco seasoning per every pound of meat!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and find a way to incorporate more homemade seasonings into your happy & healthy lifestyle!
Do you love making your own homemade seasonings? Let me know in the comments section below 🙂
BEFORE YOU GO!
Request your exclusive invitation to join Health & Happiness Community TODAY!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- Welcome to The Millennial Garden - April 10, 2017
- Pink Fresh Fruit Spring Rolls with Strawberry Mint Dip - April 6, 2017
- Balsamic Grilled Asparagus & Blackberries with Almonds - March 28, 2017
- Naturally Dyed Deviled Eggs - March 20, 2017
- Apple & Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cake - March 20, 2017