Skip the artificial, prepackaged taco seasoning and spice up your taco night with this healthier All Natural Gluten Free Homemade Taco Seasoning!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
I am absolutely obsessed with anything taco related.
I eat taco something at least once a week, usually more. As you may already know, the foundation of any amazing taco inspired dish is a fabulous homemade seasoning recipe.
I have tried for months now to make the perfect taco seasoning! I have finally nailed down a recipe I can say that I love.
With a fraction of the sodium found in traditional seasoning, this recipe also features nutritious hot peppers and corn flour for a gluten free thickening agent. It is the perfect addition to any Mexican inspired dish you create, or just plain old tacos for the famous Taco Tuesday!
All Natural Gluten Free Homemade Taco Seasoning
Prepackaged taco seasoning can be full of artificial ingredients and extremely high amounts of sodium. And to be honest, homemade just tastes better.
So gather up your supplies and start making your own taco seasoning today. It only takes a few minutes and you can easily double or triple the recipe in order to keep a large batch on hand at all times.
Don’t know where to get all of these ingredients? Just head over to Niblack Foods in the Regional Market here in Rochester- they have every spice you could ever want!
Don’t love tacos as much as I do? Homemade Taco Seasoning is good for more than just tacos. Try it on anything Mexican inspired – tacos, burritos, fajitas, shredded chicken, soups – there are a ton of options – like my Vegetarian Hummus Tacos!
- 6 Tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 Tablespoons ground New Mexico chili pepper
- 3 Tablespoons corn flour
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 Tablespoon granulated onion
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Mix everything together in a bowl with a whisk until well incorporated.
Store in a mason jar for future use.
This recipe makes approximately one full pint mason jar.
When cooking meat, such as beef or turkey for tacos, add 3 tablespoons of your taco seasoning per every pound of meat!
DON’T FORGET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I hope you’re inspired to try new and different recipes, like this Homemade Taco Seasoning! If you’re looking for additional help in meal planning or discovering new and delicious recipes to try, be sure to download my Free 16 page eBook – The 5 Day Happy & Healthy Meal Plan below!
BEFORE YOU GO!
Request your exclusive invitation to join Health & Happiness Community TODAY!
Latest posts by Emily Kyle (see all)
- Korean Bulgogi Beef Salad Bowl - July 14, 2018
- 5 High-Protein Post-Workout Snacks You Can Keep in Your Gym Bag - July 9, 2018
- Welcome to The Millennial Garden - July 7, 2018
- Inside the Millennial Garden June 2018 - July 5, 2018
- Garden Harvest Veggie Pesto Skewers - July 3, 2018