The only way to upgrade the viral butter board trend? To make a cannabutter board instead! Learn how easy it is to make a cannabutter board at home with homemade or storebought cannabutter, get a sweet and savory recipe option, plus tips for dosing.
- Both a sweet and a savory board option to try
- Tips and tricks for customizing your board with the right mg of THC
- Skip the hard work and enjoy the convenience and exceptional flavor of my Bliss Cannabutter - no fuss, no mess, just top-quality cannabutter delivered straight to your door.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
While not an authentic charcuterie board, the butter board is a fun new addition to the appetizer lineup.
First made by Josh McFadden and popularized by Justine Doiron, this trend went viral on Tik Tok, gaining national media attention from outlets like Good Morning America.
A member of my Well With Cannabis Community pointed out this was a great opportunity to pair cannabis edibles with current food trends, so this great recipe was born.
In this guide, you will find a simple cannabutter recipe, sweet and savory recipe ideas, and tips and tricks to help you achieve the best results the first time.
Buy Cannabutter Online
Skip the hard work and have perfectly dosed, delicious, pure Bliss Cannabutter delivered directly to your door! Shop Now →
- Cannabutter: Purchase cannabutter online or find all of the different ways to make cannabutter below. The most important thing about this recipe is to use room temperature cannabutter. That means it is not liquid or cold and solid.
- Regular butter: This needs to be at room temperature, too
- Savory board: Proscuitto, gorgonzola, thyme, pistachios
- Sweet board: Figs, raspberries, honey, almonds
- Items to Dip: Baguette, crackers, etc. French toast slices - perfect for Sunday Morning brunch boards!
Note: a complete list of ingredients with amounts and printable instructions is in the recipe card below.
- Step 1 - Prepare your mise-en-place by gathering all the toppings you will add to the board, including the board you want to use. Collect them on a baking sheet for easy access. If you want to prepare this ahead of time, cover all the ingredients with aluminum foil and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble.
- Step 2 - Make or buy cannabutter. If you need help, find all of the different options outlined below. Determine whether or not you will be using 100% of cannabutter or cutting it with plain butter for dosing purposes. Bring the cannabutter and regular butter, if used, to room temperature. This step is essential to having a perfect final product.
- Step 3 - Add swipes of cannabutter to the board using a butter knife. Spread the cannabutter evenly across the bottom of the board.
- Step 4 - Add swipes of regular butter to the board using a butter knife. Mix as well as possible. You can use up to a stick of butter for a large board.
- Step 5 - Add the gorgonzola to the butter, crumbling on top.
- Step 6 - Add the fresh thyme, stripping it from the main stem.
- Step 7 - Add the prosciutto. Break into smaller pieces as needed.
- Step 8 - Add the pistachios. The next step, enjoy. Use your baguette, crackers, or another vessel to dip and enjoy!
Note: complete step-by-step printable instructions are located in the recipe card below.
This recipe is best enjoyed immediately, but if you have extra marijuana butter, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or according to the expiration date on the butter you used.
If you won't consume your cannabutter within three weeks, it is a good idea to freeze the finished product. Learn more about how to store edibles here.
If you want to prep the board ahead of time, assemble and cover it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Remove from the refrigerator for up to one hour before serving to let the butter soften.
Alternate Infusion Options
As with all things homemade edibles, there is no one best way to infuse something.
Below we will explore all the different ways you could infuse this customizable cannabutter board.
Types of Cannabis Butter
The addition of cannabutter truly is the best part of this recipe.
The high-fat content makes it the perfect vessel for enjoying cannabis and leads to better absorption.
The first step is to choose which option or simple recipe you want to start with first.
- Buy my premium cannabutter - with both CBD and THC. Each teaspoon contains 12.5mg of CBD and 12.5mg of THC, making dosing easy. This is the finest cannabutter that can be shipped directly to your door!
- Make your own infused butter - with regular with your choice of salted or unsalted butter, clarified butter, or ghee.
There are many different methods to choose from; find one that works best for you.
In most cases, you will still need basic equipment like a mason jar and low heat source to create a water bath.
Here are a few cooking processes to choose from:
Other Cannabis Additives
Even if you do not have cannabutter, there are many different ways you could infuse a butter board with cannabis.
Here are just a few ideas:
- A sprinkle of cannabis sugar
- A pinch of cannabis salt
- A drizzle of cannabis olive oil
- Just decarbed cannabis or decarbed kief
- A fresh fan leaf from the cannabis plant
How to Dose
It is essential to dose your cannabutter and your cannabutter board correctly. There are two things you should keep in mind:
- How many servings will the board provide
- How strong is the cannabutter you are using
Remember, you want a decent amount of the butter board covered in butter, but you do not want to consume more than what is comfortable.
If your cannabutter is too strong, mix it with your desired amount of regular butter.
When making your cannabutter, how many cannabis buds you add will determine the potency.
If you use an ounce of cannabis to pound butter, you will likely have a strong end product with a high mg THC.
If you are unsure how much weed to start with, you can use this flower-to-oil ratio guide.
In most cases, just a few grams is a good place to start in small batches.
Start with this dosing guide if you're unsure how much THC to consume.
You can then use the edible dosage calculator to estimate your final product's strength.
If your cannabutter is too weak, follow these steps to re-infuse.
Notes and Expert Tips
- To make your weed butter, you must decarb the cannabis flower before the infusion. You can do this in an oven or Instant pot.
- Do not use a microwave to soften the cannabutter. The unpredictable high heat from a microwave can ruin your edible recipes.
- Don't forget you can save your leftover plant matter from the infusion process to use in other marijuana edibles.
- This is the perfect dish for social get-togethers and holiday parties. Check this board out as a part of my Thanksgiving menu.
- Of course, keep this dish out of reach of children. Label, if needed.
- Looking for more recipes? Check out these 25 cannabutter recipes, these tasty no-bake cannabutter recipes, or these sweet cannabutter recipes. Want a savory option? Try our popular cannabutter steak.
Frequently Asked Questions
Butter boards can be brand new to even the most seasoned cannabis consumer, so here are some of the most common FAQs I get asked about this recipe from my Well With Cannabis Community.
Yes. I typically recommend making vegan cannabutter with coconut oil, but for this recipe, you may be better off using this cannabis hummus as the base for the board.
No, you need an option that will stay solid at room temperature. Options like vegetable oil or MCT oil will make a runny mess.
I totally understand; cannabutter could stain a white marble cutting board. Simply place a piece of parchment paper between the board and the butter.
That's OK! Color is just an indicator of how much chlorophyll has been infused into your final product. It is not an indicator of potency. To prevent the green taste and color, be sure to skip the grinding process before infusing.
No worries, it's okay; just a result of using regular butter. Learn more about what to do about separated cannabutter here.
How to Determine The Dosing
Want to get a more accurate guesstimate of the potency of your cannabis infusions and extractions? Try our popular edibles calculator!
Not sure what your perfect dose is? Learn more here.
Join thousands of like-minded cannabis lovers from across the world inside a censor-free forum where you can explore the health benefits of cannabis and truly learn what it means to live Well With Cannabis →
More Cannabis Recipes You Will Love
My Edibles Made Easy Online Cooking Course will teach you how to easily make cannabis edibles and topical recipes at home. This step-by-step video course will teach you how to infuse, extract, and create edibles with many different product types - all from the comfort of your own home.
Learn more and enroll today →
Sweet & Savory Cannabutter Board
- 4 teaspoons cannabutter see dosing notes below
- 1 stick salted or unsalted butter softened
Savory Board Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 ounces proscuitto ham
- 2 tablespoons pistachios
Sweet Board Ingredients
- 2 whole fresh figs sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh rasbpberries crushed
- 2 tablespoons marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Prepare your mise-en-place by gathering all the toppings you will add to the board, including the board you want to use. Collect them on a baking sheet for easy access. If you want to prepare this ahead of time, cover all the ingredients with aluminum foil and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble.
- Make or buy cannabutter. If you need help, find all of the different options outlined below. Determine whether or not you will be using 100% of cannabutter or cutting it with plain butter for dosing purposes. Bring the cannabutter and regular butter, if used, to room temperature. This step is essential to having a perfect final product.
- Using a butter knife, add swipes of cannabutter to the board. Spread the cannabutter evenly across the bottom of the board.
- Add swipes of regular butter to the board using a butter knife. Mix as well as possible. You can use up to a stick of butter for a large board.
- One by one, add the sweet or savory toppings of your choice until the board is fully assembled.
- For this recipe, add the gorgonzola to the butter, crumbling as you go.
- Then add the fresh thyme, stripping the main stem.
- Add the prosciutto. Break the meat into smaller bite-sized pieces as needed.
- Complete the board by adding the pistachios.
- Use baguette, crackers, or another vessel to dip and enjoy.
Ask a Question or Leave a Comment: